View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Yeah, this is rather unfortunate. For example, NYC is supposed to have a very high incidence of genital herpes among its population. It is apparently higher here than the national average. Yet, as an experiment, my friend and I did a search on OKC: we selected Everybody, age 18-99, within a 25 mile radius of our zip codes, online in the last year, any marital status, photos don't matter, nothing else specified except the keyword "herpes" - we got only four results! I kid you not. In a city of over 8 million! So, obviously people who have it are not putting it in their profiles, and I would hope they are admitting to it when they meet people, but I doubt that they are.
To be fair, I don't know anyone who wants their life of disease made public. =P I just assume everyone has it that I meet. That many people have some form or another of it, that it's just best to be safe about it if you really don't want it. I get it breaking out around my mouth a couple times a year probably. I tend to stay away from any mouth contact whilst I am like that.
=]