View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 PM

I don't have herpes (that I know of), but when I was diagnosed with genital warts in my late teens I was devastated and thought my love life would be deeply impacted/ruined. Once I calmed down a little and got better about bringing it up matter-of-factly it turned out to be not a big deal -- I've been turned down twice because of it over the years (only ever had the one outbreak but I still disclose) but have had many other partners who weren't troubled by it. One silver lining is that, whether you get turned down for sex/love because of it or not, by disclosing you immediately give the other person a positive impression of you as a trustworthy, honest person with integrity. Anyone who's too blind to see it that way and actually thinks less of you for it isn't someone you need to be dealing with anyway.