View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
And to say, "Did I have that right?" would put the responsibility on yourself in making sure you understood things correctly, so it doesn't come across as blaming.
YMMV, I guess, to me saying 'Did I have that right?', when I am not in any doubt about what was agreed seems more like a passive aggressive ploy rather than straight talking.

Quote:
Yeah, well, when you said there were similar incidents, I didn't get that they were all about texting. Sorry about that. But how would I know what you meant by "similar?" They all could have been similar misunderstandings, but... ??? Another example of the importance of clear communication.
It doesn't seem at all relevant to me whether the messages are texts or emails or whatever. How would it be any more likely to be a series of coincidental accidents if it wasn't mostly via texting??

The issue was me finding someone I'm intimate with contacting me via someone else weird.

Quote:
So, is there anything that keeps you from doing that?
I wanted to find out if people with more experience of dealing with multiple relationships found this weird, or just considered it part of the territory, before deciding what, if anything, to do about it.