View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggression72 View Post
Started dating a woman recently who said she is not interested in a poly household yet maintains some contact with old lovers and describes herself as a slut and I believe is holding onto the feelings she derived through sex with her old lovers.

Just open to anyone's general thoughts. Is she poly? Is she something else? Anyone have a previous experience that's similar and any advice the best way to handle.

Also, I am Dominant and she is submissive and we enjoy BDSM, but this ads a different aspect to the relationship.
there is a difference between being poly and wanting a poly household. Maybe she thinks that you can only be poly if you want to co-habitate with all of your partners, raise kids together, etc. I know that I've been in a successful poly quad for going on 3 years and we don't live together or raise our kids together and we certainly don't plan on having more kids with each other. We only get date night with our female parter once or twice a year as her schedule doesn't leave much room for date nights period (she's an author and has a day job as an editor). Maybe it would be helpful to understand what her definition of poly is and what exactly you are looking for.