View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
If you've had a baby while ID'ing as poly...
Did you take a break from relationships that weren't with your co-parent? If so, for how long? Do you feel like that was the best choice, looking back?
My husband and I, did take a break. I had two children when I met him. We didn`t call what we had poly, but 'exclusive swinging with good friends' lol,..anything to avoid the P-word,....
I cut it off totally. I wasn`t in a very good state of mind as I had just lost a pregnancy at 5 months,..and this was the next pregnancy. So,..I cut everyone out of our life. Absolutely not the best choice. entirely the wrong choice. Those people would of been there for us, and been wonderful to have around. I hurt people I cared about deeply. My grief and fear ruled me. We took a break for over 5 years.

Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
Did your co-parent's outlook on poly change, and, if so, how did that impact your life?
I would say his outlook 'stalled' temporarily, due to children. He had positive memories though. So when he thought about it again a couple of years ago, he wanted to try it. He discovered he isn`t into anything past casual sex right now, but one never knows when things might change. We are the parents of 4 children, and what down-time he has, he doesn`t want to 'waste it' elsewhere. ( his words.)
I think that will change as the children grow. It has affected me, as it was hard for him to figure out why I would even bother with anything past a fwb. He sees it all as to much work.