View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:29 PM

I have given second and third chances to people. Actually, my ex girlfriend is looking for another chance. Or at least is showing signs of gearing up for another chance. I have been down that road many times. Many times I have flown across country even... I'm done now. It will be interesting to see what happens when I say no. I have a sense of humour about it all now actually. I am hoping she does too. After so many chances where I got hurt, got angry, got confused, got sad, got used, got the run around.... what else can I do but laugh. This woman comes into my life over and over again. There are a few people who I play out the same stories with... each time it changes slightly.

My deal breakers usually all come down to "I don't like who I am when I'm with you." The times I have given second and third chances are when I see that the person is willing to work on things with me. If they are engaged in that process I find it hard to deny them that... or myself. There have been times when I am just tired of it or it just falls back to the same old cycle again regardless. Sometimes I find its best just to leave it alone and see what time does... or leave it for good. Some stuff just needs to be sorted out elsewhere as it isn't working to sort it out with the person.