View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 PM

Btw, lest anyone get the wrong idea and think that this is becoming some kind of exploitative setup with problematic shades of unicorn-ness, it wouldn't be just me alone with their baby, helping them get their two nights per month while I get one -- she's going to be reaching out to other friends and family for help. The fact is that I just want to spend as much time with Bee as possible, I miss him when a few days have gone by and I haven't seen him!

It's funny, I've taken to giving as much advice as possible when I see people in the New to Poly section of the board falling into the traps of unicorn hunting. My situation is so similar to theirs that it freaks me right the fuck out to see how dysfunctional it can be. It's like seeing a bizarro version off my life play out where everything is messed up... and yet, in terms of the structure itself, if our circumstances reshaped themselves such that it made sense, I'd probably happily join them in a polyfi triad and live in their home, watch their kid, do all those things that define a unicorn.

Naaaaah, who am I kidding, I'd never really wanna be exclusive, not even with them.