View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherConfused View Post
Recently my husband announced that I am free to do what I like with other men. This astonished me. I haven't acted on it because I have no idea what made him say it. If I were to have sex with another man, I'd want my husband to know (and accept) who and when and why -before it happened. Yet, he resists theses conversations again and again. I get the feeling he really does not want to know about it.
I suspect this is one of those times when a "Well, duh!" reply would be most appropriate. It is *obvious* that he doesn't want to know anything about what you do--and doesn't care that you do it. Why are you trying to force knowledge of it all on him?

I don't have any interest in knowing when and where my wife has sex with anybody else she gets involved with. Were she to try to force discussions on me to inform me of that, I'd move out soon enough and wouldn't discuss anything with her until she stopped trying to force discussions on me that I categorically refuse to have. She can respect my choice in the matter or I will leave.

My question to you is why you lack enough respect for your husband to leave him be about the matter? He doesn't want to know, so stop trying to force it on him.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.