View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 PM

Can you provide more info, Aggression72? From your question, I don't even know if you are poly yourself and are trying to figure out if this woman's form of dating will mesh with yours, or if you're not poly and are trying to understand what poly is.

My first reaction was that this woman sounds a little bit like me, except that I don't have sex often enough to describe myself as a slut! :-)

But like her, I am not at all interested in being part of a poly household, although I want to have some form of dating/relationships with multiple partners. I tend to be more interested in the sexual, rather than emotional, aspects of dating, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

For the last year, I have been struggling with the question "Am I poly?" and I don't know the answer yet.

I also believe very strongly in maintaining contact and/or friendships with old lovers. Depending on the person and my connection with him, the friendship could either be just platonic or still sexual in some way.

From your post, it sounds like you feel that it is a problem that this woman maintains contact with old lovers. Why would that be a problem? It seems condescending to assume that she is "holding onto feelings" about the sex with these former lovers. Perhaps she genuinely feels a bond of friendship with them?

Or perhaps she does maintain sexual relationships with old lovers--what's wrong with that?