View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:17 AM

I left work early on Friday and hung out with Gia and Bee. Eric was there too, in a way -- he was at work, but was connected to us via a video chat thing that let him hear us and see the part of the room where Bee was resting.

I imagine it's a really wonderful thing for him, to be able to see his son while finishing up a long work week, but it was a little odd, his disembodied presence... we couldn't see or hear him, he just communicated now and then via text. Weirder than if he'd actually been there, in which case I might have been able to tell when he was listening and when he wasn't. I mainly focused on Bee, while Gia did some scrapbooking. Despite the weirdness, I really appreciated the time together and we did have some good conversations.

Near the end of the visit, I went to the grocery store with Gia and held Bee while she shopped. It meant soooo much to her to be able to focus on that simple chore but also to have her baby with her. Helping like that and hearing from her what a big difference my presence can make makes me really happy. Plus I just can't get enough of having Bee close to me. He babbles now, sometimes it's like he's singing.

I saw G&E again tonight -- they got a sitter for Bee and came out to a club night where some friends of ours were dj'ing. At the end of the evening, Gia and I kissed lingeringly, with tongue (for the longest while our kisses have been mostly close-mouthed). I feel like we're moving incrementally closer together, physically. She mentioned the other day that her period has returned and it's been heavy to the point of frustrating relentlessness. Fun. :/ Hopefully that'll clear up soon...

Anyway, as it happens, G&E&B are coming over tomorrow to play a tabletop roleplaying game with my roommates and me, which my roommate Liam is going to run. That's three days in a row that we get to spend time together! So nice.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 10-23-2011 at 06:21 AM.