View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
Those seeking that out for the sole-purpose raises my suspicions, but healing indirectly, sure I guess. It`s not a role men play in my life. I dont need them to heal me, or fix me,...so I find this interesting.
I recognize healers as anyone with whom I feel better about myself, more connected with humanity, more accepting, happier or more joyful, more optimistic (in a genuine way, not pie-in-the-sky wistfulness), less devastated if I'm dealing with some turmoil, or any combination thereof, after simply being in their presence. It's not about laying their hands on me, nor that they make wounds and scars go away; it's that their groundedness, sense of satisfaction, and joy in living rubs off on me, no matter the situation we find ourselves in. I think everyone has the potential to be a healer, but it depends on how grounded they are in themselves. So, whether it's a cab ride or a night of passionate sex, to me a healer is a centered and balanced person (for the most part), and can access that part of themselves and share it. I also have to be open to accepting healing, too. Sometimes I dig my heels in and stubbornly stay in a whiny, complaining state of being, and therefore hanging around someone's healing energy won't affect me much because I've erected a wall of some sort between myself and them.

Do I sound like an old hippie or what?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 10-22-2011 at 08:43 PM.