View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:10 PM

I had a talk with K yesterday about communication problems, and what we could do about it. He is agreeable to finding some help/counselling around helping us all communicate better. I brought it up with D earlier, and she was agreeable, too. So I am feeling a bit more hopeful. We will have to find someone who is open to alternative relationships; the last thing we need is someone who is either openly or subtly judging of our situation. Is there anyone out there who has gone this route? How did you find someone who is helpful? I would hope that any truly professional counselor would be able to put their own opinions aside and keep it separate from their professional work. But I have gone to counseling for depression issues, and I met some who are not at all comfortable with my non-Christian religious orientation, so I have no doubt there will be some who wouldn't be comfy with poly relationships.

K and I also talked about subtle differences in phrasing, especially between me and D. From a compassionate viewpoint, I know she is having a really hard time with our situation, and as a result is very sensitive and easily feels defensive about anything that could be taken as criticism. I'm definitely going to try to rethink anything I am trying to say to make it as non threatening as possible.

Here's to persistence!!!