You sound like a good man, and just by virtue of the fact that you posted here, I can tell that you're trying to resolve the feelings of potential loss your experiencing. That's a great first step .
A couple words of advice...
- read River's post several times. use it as a mantra
- if something makes you cry, keep reading.
- get a piece of paper and write down what is imperative to you in a relationship. look it over and explain to yourself very clearly WHY these things are imperative.
- share this information with her and talk about it at length.
- this forum is filled to the brim with wonderful, insightful people. use it as a resource.
Best of luck,
Concern yourself less with love and more with loving.