View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
It's not just a question of what he (and you) can live with, but also what both of you want from life.
At Mr. FFR's suggestion, I'm revisiting this line. At 27 I should know what I want from life, yeah? I really don't, though. I want... love, connection, excitement, fulfillment. Ha, very specific, yes. I want to explore myself and the world, I want to do things I enjoy every day, I want to grow, I want to help people. I want to stay open to life. I like where I live now, but I've often thought it would be good for me to try living other places. I want to keep my loved ones in my life. Those last couple of wants may not be strictly compatible?

Would it be better to have more of a plan at this point? I've always felt a little aimless, happy to act on luck and whim and to follow if the right leader comes along. But it works for me and, ironically, my life has been very stable but also growth-oriented these last few years.

So, no big plans, no end goals. Davis is in much the same boat except that he really *could* use more of a sense of direction, his life as is doesn't particularly satisfy him at present. But neither of us is big on destinations right now. I know I want much more in the way of outside contact than he does... his friends are important to him, but he's pretty anti-social overall whereas I am a much more gregarious breed of misanthrope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post
I think we often cause ourselves unnecessary problems when we worry that we don't match our special ones' feelings for us.
Definitely. Things are never gonna to be perfectly equal... the question should be, do they work?

Quote:
Don't aim for "minimising the negative" as much as "maximising the positive".
I like this a lot! I'm going to remember it.

Quote:
I LIKE this Revolution!!!
Aww, I'm happy for you!

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 10-18-2011 at 03:12 AM.