So, while I spent the last two nights not sleeping and waiting for the shoe to drop, these are the things that have been going through my head.
- What happened to taking things slowly and if there's a problem, we all take time and work it out? Isn't that how things are supposed to work?
- What happened to edging into this carefully until we're certain it works for both of us?
- So she's great! She rocks your world! And because of that I have to suck it up and deal rather than us taking it slowly. That's not the agreement we made!
- Half the problem is the problem itself. The other half of the problem is my interpretation of her response:
I didn't see"Crap. Ok, lets slow down and work on it."
So far as I can tell: I got anger. I got resentment. I got the message that I was messing with her relationship. It seemed clear that she had no interest trying to make my limit work . She just decided it won't work and that I was interfering in her relationship.
It would have been lovely to have acknowledgment that their relationship had already seriously impinged upon ours
- Why am I being made out to be the bad guy for discovering a limit?
- I gave up our time so she could get a need met and now, when I have a sudden need, an issue, I get anger. I really, really resent that and it's injured my trust. You aren't thinking about us, anymore, you're thinking about you and her