Thread: Discovery!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosephase View Post
I don't know what to tell you other then I made some rules about it (no sex with both of us on the same day, for awhile I wanted at least 48 hours between him having sexual contact with her before we could have sexual contact)
This makes me feel a great deal better. I don't feel so alone in my response. I've been told in other places that I"m way out of line and I'm interfering in their relationship... (somewhere out there is a long story about how the new relationship has decimated time in mine)

Quote:
and then it stopped mattering. I don't really know why. As I got more comfortable with them as a couple and stopped feeling like they stopped caring about me when they were having sex and got to know her more and felt safer expressing my fears and worries to both of them... the feeling faded and then was gone completely.
I'd love to hope for that... Argh the lost post! But getting to know her better has been shot down on my first attempt.

Quote:
Rules and limits are a kind of crutch for me. I use them to help when I'm not strong enough yet. They are extremely useful as long as you are willing to keep checking in and not rely on them to much.
So far this is the first limit aside from take care of yourself (in her case that includes get decent sleep on work nights because she can't function otherwise) and safer sex guidelines that I've felt a need to toss into the works.