View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 06:52 PM

I dont understand.

Quote:
Sunshine and I went out on a date last week and S joined us along with a dozen of our other close friends - some know about the three of us, some don't. We have not put it out in the open as of yet for some of the complicated reasons and her husband.

S had indicated that he would give us our space. I didn't think he'd be too far from her and I - and I was correct.

I got upset at the end of the evening when I had had enough of watching him making 'googly faces' at her and taking her attention. I will admit, I did handle it wrongly. I should have waited until he and I were home and then discussed it with him, but I tend to not do that (yeah, I've done it in the past - one of my things I'm working on) and well, makes for a tense drive home.

When we did discuss it and I told him that I did not feel it was "our date" but rather "his date", he told me that I was seeing what I wanted to see.
Sunshine and you went on a date? But your husband and a dozen other friends were there. Why is it supposed to be a date for you and Sunshine when S and a passel of other friends were there? Wouldn't a one on one date be more of a real date?

S and Sunshine were/are in a sexual relationship? You didn't approach Sunshine as a sexual partner because she is married to a man and has another gf? But she's now still with her husband and her old gf and now somehow you think there is a triad situation with you and S and her? Is sex for you and Sunshine on the table? It's not a triad unless you and S and Sunshine are all physically involved. Do you and Sunshine both want that?

How much time or energy does Sunshine have for you as a gf when she already has a husband, a gf and a bf(S)?

You say you are "building a friendship" now with Sunshine. But you were already friends. Do you mean there is the beginning of a romantic/sexual relationship for you and Sunshine? Do you plan on sex with her alone? Do you plan on 3way sex with her and S? Do Sunshine and S want a 3way?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)