Thread: Triad Equality
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegrl View Post
WELL DUH.

I think that TRUE equality in any relationship... not just triads, quads, V's etc, is impossible. Even Fairness is over rated. What it is that it seems to work best is Balance. Everyone having as much of their needs met as possible and A general happiness that comes with it.
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is with me, but feel free to take up over PM. I suspect anything I say would be met with a similar tone. It's interesting that I and others have made this very point repeatedly in this thread and in others and now finally you say something like "WELL DUH" as if this is a point that doesn't even need to be said. It certainly seems that a lot of these threads wouldn't even be necessary if this was a "duh" point with people. ::shrug::

As for your other point, I agree entirely, as you would see from this thread:

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...?t=1024&page=3

Where just this morning I said this very thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
I like the idea of that kind of natural geometry you speak of. People change and their needs change throughout a relationship..sometimes from day to day and sometimes over many years. The relationships that thrive (poly and mono) are the ones who's shape can shift and change with the needs of the people in it.

It reminds me of one of the major principles of balance in the Yoga that I practice. Basically, in my practice when we do balance poses, one thing that we must first accept is that true balance and equilibrium do not exist in our reality but only as a compass for us as we seek balance out. When in balance poses, it's not about attaining the balance, but in allowing our intelligent bodies to shift and adjust to the changing imbalances. If you stiffen up and try to hold the pose, you fall. If you shift and wobble as your balance shifts, you're more able to hold your pose.

That is one element I've seen in all successful relationships, regardless of their geometry.