Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 07:59 PM

I'm totally out to all my friends and they are all supporting as hell. I'm really lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life. <3

I consider my friends and partners to be WAY closer to me than any of my "family". I guess, of my parents I'd say I'm closest to my father, although we only see each other about once a year, plus exchange maybe a few e-mails/texts during the year. So he's not a big presence in my life, but we mostly get along, and we talk about all kinds of stuff. We have quite different values, he's a fundamentalist Christian.

Anyway, I came out to him maybe two years ago about my bisexuality. It wasn't something I needed to tell him, but it goes against my nature to be in a closet. He didn't take it well (as I knew he wouldn't). He's not judgemental to my face (as in saying I will burn in hell or smthing like that). But in general he does think that same-sex action is a sin and sick and all that. This summer I mentioned to him that I'm not monogamous with my husband, and I exchanged a few e-mails with him about that (and some other stuff) just today.

And I'm getting tired of this. Of feeling sad about the fact that he isn't able to accept me as I am. I don't want this in my life, I want to move on. My childhood was based around me trying to get acceptance from my parents, and I'm done with that. In general, I don't care what anybody thinks about me unless it's somebody close to me. I hate that I still give so much power to his thoughts, i.e. that he still has the power to make me so sad. I don't know if I can move on while having the (almost but not quite non-existent) relationship we have now. But we can't really have more, and not having any kind of relationship at all feels sort of drastic.

I don't really know what I'm looking for with posting, and this is propably sort of incoherent and incomplete.. Kind of just wanted to share with some people for whom 'coming out' is relevant in their lives.