View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Red face You tell me: Polyamory and Terminal Illness, have you heard any stories?

Hello all!

I'm a lady in a happy open relationship with my husband of 3 years-- I am also a journalist who writes about sex and gender issues.

One of the publications I work for, Sexis, is having all of us writers work on stories about cancer and sex/relationships for breast cancer awareness month.

My assignment is to write about how this affects partners and sex lives. What I would like to do is talk with a couple who have an open/polyamorous relationship and have, unfortunately, experienced one partner dealing with a terminal illness. It's sad but the piece is to be uplifting and about how they navigated this in their poly relationship.

I realize this is a sensitive subject matter, and I am 100% pro polyamorous and feel that getting a story out there like this could be super powerful. **Anyone being interviewed for this story could remain completely anonymous.

If you or anyone you know has gone through something like this, please feel free to respond here with any questions/concerns/comments or e-mail me at rachelrabbitwhite@gmail.com

To learn more about me and my work, check out my blog at http://www.rachelrabbitwhite.com

Thanks so much for letting me post! Keep up the great conversations here, guys, you have a wonderful community.