View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
Safe. I feel wholly and unreservedly comfortable with him. He knows me, he trusts me, I know him, I trust him. Completely. He's solid and warm and dear to me. He's my best friend.
Is there passion in the mix? I think one of the greatest things about having dear friends is that you can have totally committed, loving, sometimes even sexual relationships that lack the couple's dynamic. There's less of the whole OMG-where are we going-what will our relationship look like in ten years-is this what I want-do I really have what it takes-are we compatible in the long run-is somebody feeling neglected-are everyone's needs met-blahblahblaa in solid friendships, I think. Many good friendships, even loving ones, would be totally ruined if you force them into a couply mold.

Quote:
He said he understood, but that he thought he would need some commitment and stability in the next 6 to 12 months.
This actually worries more than any passing feelings of boredom and annoyance. Just that I don't think you should make any lasting commitments unless your hand with Gia is played through, and you see what sort of form your relationship with her will take post-Bee. I'm worried that otherwise Davis will take more of a role of a consolation price (at least that's how Gia seems to see him).

Quote:
...she wants me to "have a full-time partner" for her "own selfish reasons" (she's fretted about neglecting me before)...
Quote:
I just think less and less that I want him him to be my life partner. And I think it's going to come down to all or nothing.
Wouldn't that be better for everyone included? If Davis is mono, he will be wanting a life-partner of his own that really puts him on top of their list. Keeping him hanging on as it were might be giving all the wrong signals, and he would be left hoping that eventually you come around and are willing to take the final step and seal the deal.

Or I could be totally of the mark and you just need to give it time.