View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagency View Post
In any case, your drive is what it is. You'll have to manage it regardless if what your relationship(s) look like. Polyamory isn't necessarily a good answer to a high sex drive. Heck, poly takes a lot if work at times, and some of thise times you might just really be wanting a good and thorough fucking.

You might want to start by asking what it is you're really after. Are you interested in one or more additional relationships? Then poly might be your thing. Are you interested in one or more additional sexual partners? Then swinging (or a open relationship) might be your thing. The right answer is what works for you, but in what you wrote, it seemed to me like the emphasis was on attraction and physical desires and less on connection and emotional togetherness. Poly and swinging are basically two areas on the long spectrum of relationships, but each has its own quirks.
This makes sense. The previous attractions were more than just attractions. I'm a little shy sometimes about details, so perhaps I should have mentioned that these are both friends whom I love dearly. It felt very much like the NRE I experienced with my partner when we first met.

I don't feel like I need to be polyamorous. I'm mostly feeling like I have this high sex drive, I am attracted to other people, and at the same time don't feel like I have the ability focus on more than one person at a time. Sometimes I feel like I just want to put my man in a cryogenic facility for a few years so I can explore and not have to worry about neglecting our relationship.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. I do that a lot. I feel that (in my perfect world), relationships should be about sex, love, friendship, and no drama about whether or not you bought someone something for valentines day or what anyone else thinks.

I know I'm going to have to find some way to explore the part of myself that is attracted to/loves women at some point, and I know that if I ignore that it's probably going to bite me in the ass.