View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasnail View Post
I could mention that I've been living a polyamorous lifestyle and would like to include him in it. I fear he'd run away. I fear he'd need more support than I can give. I fear he'd agree and I wouldn't be able to cope with it when he takes another lover.
I hate to sound condescending but really, you haven't even went on a date with him yet? IMHO it's way too early to speculate how he might react. You don't even know if the two of you are at all compatible. Isn't it pretty normal to first feel each other out before even beginning the exclusivity talks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasnail View Post
I could mention that I've been living a polyamourous lifestyle and would be willing to return to monogamy for the right person. Eventually, someone would ask me to do so. And if I do agree, I'd have to break it off with my current lover.

But I'm not convinced that there's a big enough pond to find another poly-practicing man that would suit me out there to form a partnership with.

I am unlikely to be willing and able to be completely monogamous again.
I don't think you would be doing yourself or your prospective partner any favours, make-believing you can do monogamy again simply for the fear of being alone otherwise.