View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 06:16 AM

Little things.

I remember this very clearly, about a month ago. I mentioned to Gia and Eric that I have a spot of nirvana whenever I can sleep in a bit and then have my eggs and coffee in the morning before starting my day. As I said it, I saw what looked like a quick, wordless communication between their eyes. I thought it was cool that I'd caught it, like their glance was a little, innocent secret I'd overheard. And sure enough, the last two times (one of which was today) that I came to their place early in the morning, there were eggs and coffee warm and ready to be shared. This time it was a lovely omelette with cheese and ham.

Today, I gave G&E&B a ride to a festival where we spent the day together (Davis had originally been planning to go too but had to cancel, and my roommates were there but we didn't really see them). When I got there I realized I'd forgotten my ATM card and had no cash! Gia handed me the money in her pocket, so I was able to get all the cider and snacks I wanted. They shared their food with me throughout the day, and Eric gave me extra cash to get more coffee at the end of the day.

Gia gave me two small presents today -- stuff she'd picked up while out shopping for other things, I think. They suited me well and made me smile.

I love to do things to get Bee to laugh and smile. He likes it when I stick out my tongue at him. I can change him quickly and I can calm him down just about as well as Gia and Eric can. They seem to trust me with him completely at this point.

When we got back from the festival I was sleepy, and I laid down on G&E's bed while they cooked and hung out with our friend Dan who was visiting. I fell asleep and woke back up when Gia came into the room to grab something. She told me to rest and that she'd wake me when food was ready.

Gia and I kissed today, warmly and repeatedly, on four occasions, three of which were in public. Two of the public ones were when we were parting ways, even if only briefly. The one in private was when I was leaving their house for the night. And the other one in public was at the festival, when she held up a decorative bridle to me and said, playfully, "now you can't get away" (as if she was going to put it on me). Um, sexy!! I didn't quite lunge at her but I moved to her without thinking and kissed her and she kissed me back and she was smiling.

I hugged Eric goodbye tonight and kissed the back of his neck and ruffled his hair. These sorts of gestures from me to him used to stand out to me, even scare me, but now it's just a regular thing. He hugs me back and he touches me here and there at other times when we're all together, puts a reassuring hand on my arm, squeezes my shoulder, brushes my back, in ways I don't think he did so casually before.

It's just been such a wonderful day.

All that agonizing I did a while back about "family", wondering whether or not I should talk to them about the concept. And now, I feel like family is happening on its own, in small increments and slight shifts, realignments and relaxings.

Love them, love them.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 10-02-2011 at 06:31 AM.