View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tinyblu View Post
So where does that leave me? I can't have a functional monogamous relationship (face it, men cheat),
Dude. Not all men cheat. I'm sorry you've been cheated on in the past, but it appears that you only date assholes. If you actually want to have a monogamous relationship, you can ask for monogamy and expect to get it from many men. I had a monogamous marriage for 8 years before we opened it up, and the opening was at my request. The 8 years of "no cheating" was not difficult for my husband and he was perfectly prepared to do it for life.

And sure, maybe in your monogamous relationship, a genuine mono guy might slip up once or twice in 5 decades, and you can be reasonably accommodating when/if that happens. But that's not the same as having a poly relationship just because you think there's no point in demanding exclusivity, because you're too fat/ugly not to be cheated on. You're not. No one is that fat or ugly.

so I am open enough to allow a guy to have sex with other women if that floats his boat, I can even endure a dinner with the other woman (if I have to), but the sex in the other room in my presence... no thanks.
Wait, did they do that? Because I thought you said that the three of you watched a movie.