Thread: Triad Equality
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
The trouble is that with that kind of commitment, it also comes with a lot of privilege and legal rights that would not be afforded to the person who isn't in the marriage. I'm not saying this is Violet's specific situation, but if a third is joining a married couple in a lifetime commitment, is it fair for that person to have to give up their ability to have spousal benefits? Or to have the legal protections of marriage where kids are concerned?

I'm not saying there right and wrong answers to this, but there are certainly things to be considered.
Ok then, so If Anne and HMA Decide to have children..That legal binds them Regardless. That is how the law sees that. To me that itself is a HUGE sign of commitment. So Why Should Violet not have that ( commitment) too. REGARDLESS of her desire not to have children. HMA and Her have/will make the Commitment to be husband and Wife. Legal Documentation ( legal wills and guardianship papers) can be drawn up to provide the same level of commitment to The Children and/or Anne that may or may not come of that relationship. Yeah Its a screwy way to look at it Marriage V Children. But HMA Obviously still desires to Marry Violet and vice versa. JMO.
Brought me here...
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am
The luckiest..
~ Ben Folds five ~