View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlecakes View Post
Meaning that before she goes on a first date with someone, I should know about it, and know what she knows about him so far.
I would expect that she'd mention anybody she was interested in as a matter of normal conversation. The same as I'd mention anybody interesting I run into during the day ("I met a man with a peg leg today...."), I mention to Curly anybody I've met that I think I might be interested in. Why would anybody need a rule to talk about who they find interesting?

Quote:
I should know whether they've been talking on the phone every day and flirting heavily, or that they've only written back and forth a few times and their messages are purely formal. .
Why do you feel the need for that? What difference does it make to you? Your partner finds somebody interesting enough to make a date--what does it matter if the person has been texting hourly for a week or emailing daily for a couple of months?

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.