Thread: Triad Equality
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
The trouble is that with that kind of commitment, it also comes with a lot of privilege and legal rights that would not be afforded to the person who isn't in the marriage. I'm not saying this is Violet's specific situation, but if a third is joining a married couple in a lifetime commitment, is it fair for that person to have to give up their ability to have spousal benefits? Or to have the legal protections of marriage where kids are concerned?

I'm not saying there right and wrong answers to this, but there are certainly things to be considered.
And see, let's take Anne for example. She wants kids, I don't. Why should I have the support of the legal system when I don't want kids and she does? To be fair, she should get that support. But, to be fair to ME - I was here first, and he asked me to marry him first. I can consider her feelings, and consider what she needs - but it's still just a matter of MEH. Does that make any sense?

"Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.."
-Marquis De Sade