View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 PM

Ok, seriously, what is up with this "what's in it for me" attitude??? What if your wife got a new job she absolutely adored but that kept her extra busy? Would there be anything directly in it for you (let's say it paid no more than her old job)? No, not directly. Would that make it bad? NO! Would you have a right to be happy for her until you realized your own job search wasn't going so hot and then switch to resenting her, as if it's her fault? No!

If the time and energy your wife is spending on poly is having a negative impact on your relationship, then work on that. But if this is just an issue of envying her, dude, get some perspective. It can be hard to date as a guy, it's almost always harder than it is for women in some ways. And yes, poly can make it more difficult. So what, do you wanna give up the (presumably) great woman you already do have because that might make it easier for you to play the field? If so, what makes you different from any other man who wants variety but can't get it within his marriage? Does having the option but still not getting any make it somehow much worse than it would be otherwise? Does your wife's freedom somehow "rub it in your face"?

Work on yourself, work on your marriage, find a better dating scene, find happiness without dating, but for god's sake get over your sour grapes and your sense of entitlement.