View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZed View Post
A rule like "no dating monogamous people" is an example of a rule that can be difficult to follow.
Oh, it should be phrased: "No dating people in monogamous relationships" (= the other person is cheating)

But yeah, there is also something like "People you date have to respect our relationship and at least be open to non-monogamy", which should not be hard to follow either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZed View Post
"We should know as much as possible about a potential date beforehand" sounds vague. Beforehand to what?
Meaning that before she goes on a first date with someone, I should know about it, and know what she knows about him so far. I should know whether they've been talking on the phone every day and flirting heavily, or that they've only written back and forth a few times and their messages are purely formal. It's not about what I know about my dates. It's knowing about the other person's dates.

Quote:
Perhaps you and your partner weren't clear on what this "rule" meant.
Agreed.

Quote:
I'll have to say that me and my husband only have one rule: that we use protection with outside partners.
Yeah, that's the first one.

And yes, it would be nice if non-monogamous people wore a ring on a certain finger or something.

Last edited by cuddlecakes; 09-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.