View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by MichelleZed View Post
A rule like "no dating monogamous people" is an example of a rule that can be difficult to follow.
Oh, it should be phrased: "No dating people in monogamous relationships" (= the other person is cheating)

But yeah, there is also something like "People you date have to respect our relationship and at least be open to non-monogamy", which should not be hard to follow either.

Originally Posted by MichelleZed View Post
"We should know as much as possible about a potential date beforehand" sounds vague. Beforehand to what?
Meaning that before she goes on a first date with someone, I should know about it, and know what she knows about him so far. I should know whether they've been talking on the phone every day and flirting heavily, or that they've only written back and forth a few times and their messages are purely formal. It's not about what I know about my dates. It's knowing about the other person's dates.

Perhaps you and your partner weren't clear on what this "rule" meant.

I'll have to say that me and my husband only have one rule: that we use protection with outside partners.
Yeah, that's the first one.

And yes, it would be nice if non-monogamous people wore a ring on a certain finger or something.

Last edited by cuddlecakes; 09-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.