Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
As long as you're comparing yourself to your girlfriend and to these other guys your initial emails are going to probably sound desperate (no matter how much you don't want them to).
I know this. This is why I have stopped trying to message them. I don't know how to create confidence out of nothing, and if I try to fake it, it will not work, and if I message without confidence, I will make a bad first impression, which can be unrecoverable. My messages are too sober and matter of fact. I need to be fun and flirty and witty like I used to be, but I can't just squeeze it out if I'm in bad moods.

Quote:
Sometimes taking a step back and just enjoying life is a good thing. Contact those on OKC who you are truly interested in (and not just because they're female, poly and in the right age bracket) and then go out and do things that you like to do. Don't worry about whether contact with women is going to lead to a date or not. Once you're really into you you'll find that other people are into you as well.
It's a dating site. It will be a date, whether we pretend otherwise or not.