View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 03:57 PM

Honestly, and while I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I am proud and delighted to say that I am living my ideal relationship/s. I actually have all my needs met and am enjoying helping others meet their needs. This might seem braggy... but oh well! If your life is great, be loud and proud I say!

These are the things that I have in my love life that I consider ideal for me personally.

1) A familiar, strong, loving marriage with my husband. My husband is definitely a soul mate for me (I do believe there can be more than one). We balance each other out emotionally and mentally. He inspires me to be the best I can, is completely honest, encouraging, and loving; but never takes any BS. We encourage each other's relationships and we grow together.

2) Balance. I have a relationship with a married couple who are the easiest people to get along with that I have ever met in my entire life. We are a team, truly, and we enjoy each other very much. It's fairly new and exciting, but also familiar. We felt like we knew each other forever when we met. We, all of us, my husband, his girlfriend, my boyfriend and my lady partner's boyfriend, etc; all complement each other's hobbies and activities, and we have good balance with our schedules and lives. Also, boyfriend and his wife are kinky, and so am I. My vanilla husband is happy because I have an outlet for those sorts of activities.

3) Great sex! To be blunt, I love sex. I have sex at least once a day because I LOVE it. My husband and I both work from home, and we do take sex breaks during the day because we just truly enjoy being close to each other, and it feels awesome. I have PERFECT physical chemistry with both my husband and boyfriend, and making love with them is exquisite and ecstatic. I also have the opportunity to make love with my boyfriend's wife, which is although a different experience, it is no less ecstatic, and provides the balance that I crave as a bisexual human being. This is perhaps TMI, but I get completely and utterly squishy wet from just being in the same room as these people, and it feels awesome.

4) Other people's great sex. Knowing that my partners are getting sexual fulfillment from each other is beautiful. Admittedly, I'm not too involved in the sex life of my husband and his girlfriend (she's a nice lady, and I like her, just not attracted to her, and that's okay, I'm glad they're happy!), but I love to watch my boyfriend and his wife make love with each other. It's extremely lovely.

5) Kids / Parenting. I love kids. I don't have any of my own, but I really enjoy my boyfriend's kids. They are so smart and beautiful and inspiring to hang out with. Going places with kids makes everything new again because even the smallest bug or rock is fascinating to them. They are completely full of joy, and it's catching! I also, if I choose, have the opportunity to make children with my boyfriend, but we're not really sure at this point what we want to do, due to my health, and other circumstances. As I mentioned in my intro, I'm going through a miscarriage right now actually, and so that's all pretty raw at the moment. Thank goodness I have such a great support system.

6) Best Friends! I consider my partners and their partners to be my best friends. We have fun together, and I love sharing activities with them, and I love that I can introduce them to all my other friends and they all get along. Yay.

7) Eventual awesome living arrangements. We are planning to move in with my boyfriend and his family at some point in the future, and I think it's going to be amazing.

8) Setting a good example. I like to think that we set a good example for others wanting to be poly, and we make polyamory look good. I have a lot of friends ranging from quite conservative Christian folks who are fairly right wing to uber liberal Pagan, etc etc; and it's important to me that they see being poly in a good light. We're all certainly not perfect, but even if there's a disagreement, we do our best to work it out in a way that benefits everyone.

9) Stability and consistency. We find patterns and techniques that work for us all, and we strive to maintain them. If something stops working, we find another way to do it, and we maintain a stable healthy relationship with everyone involved.

10) Honesty, openness and communication. This one is a given.