View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disarmlow View Post
So I've been the V for a little over a year now in my FFM relationship.
<snip>
My relationship with Niki is fairly sound and my relationship with Josh is solid but their relationship with each other is disintegrating very quickly.
OK, I'm going to guess that the three of you have a triad. You are involved with each of them and they're involved with each other, correct? That's a triad.

If their relationship with each other breaks down, then you can end up with a vee, and you would be the hinge. That is, you would be involved with each of them and they would not be involved with each other.

Now, as to what you can do about their problems, the answer is "nothing." Their relationship is, ultimately, their responsibility. You can offer to assist in talking things out and providing your viewpoint for them to consider, certainly. Beyond that, if they aren't compatible, they aren't compatible--and they're the people who have to figure out if they are or not.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.