View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Acceptance is such a profound inquiry. One can have self and other acceptance and still desire and work toward change. In fact, change comes much more easily when there is acceptance(!)..
Acceptance is something I really need to do more often. Acceptance of myself, and others, and situations.

Quote:
She has hours and hours of "Audio Talks" for free on her website! Yay! And her book is fantastic. I've given many copies away to friends and they all report that the book is fantastically helpful to them.

And, no, her publishing company has not hired me to say this stuff!
I love her. Definitely gets me to think. I'm sure I'll end up buying the Radical Acceptance book this week on my kindle.

Quote:
I don't need to understand my knots! I merely have to drop them as though they were red hot rocks, straight from a fire. This frees up the laughter, which gives a really nice belly massage, which ... frees up more laughter. (I laugh because I can't understand.)
That thought is so freeing-- that I don't need to understand my reactions to things, I just need to let them go. Recognize and Allow. And Let Be.