View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 06:00 PM

I guess another way to frame this could be -- for some people, do the same qualities that lead them to often be happy playing a supportive role and not necessarily being "in charge" also help them handle certain types of poly relationships? But at that point we're getting so broad that I'm not sure there's much to say.

I'm reminded of the thread I started a few months ago about bipolar and poly, when I thought I might be seeing some kind of correlation there. I guess it's a natural human tendency to look for trends to try to understand our world and our lives. The danger of course is that we can mistake a blip for a trend, or simply extrapolate too far.

I greatly look forward to the day when social scientists consider poly an exciting field of research and actually do studies on questions like what tends to make poly relationships work or fail and related questions.