View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 05:32 AM

Default Tell me this gets easier?

My husband and I are each seeing someone right now, and those people are also seeing others. Right now I'm having a hard time of it, though. My husband wants to start dating a second person, and it's a lot more difficult for me to accept than I'd thought. I am very much an introvert, shy around new people, and have just begun to be very comfortable with my boyfriend. My husband, his girlfriend, and my boyfriend are all much more outgoing/gregarious people, and I'm just...not. I rarely make the sort of deep connection that makes me want to date someone. I have been feeling left out and lonely recently. Tonight, my husband is out with his girlfriend and I'm just sad. Not jealous exactly - I really like her and am glad that she makes him happy - but I feel sort of unimportant and alone.

I'm also feeling insecure about my relationship with my boyfriend - he recently broke things off with another person, and to be honest, I would've expected him to be having that conversation with me. He is very sweet, but sometimes I just don't understand what he sees in me.

My husband is amazing and very attentive to our relationship and my feelings, but I can't help feeling this way. I want to be happier, I want to see things in a positive light...but right now I'm just sad and lonely. This isn't rational at all, and I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it. I've never really felt like this before. Help?