View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 AM

Default Polyamory versus Monogamy in Hampton Roads

...I'm a 36-year-old female, my significant other is a 43-year-old male, my children are in high school and both have their lives pretty much decided with the military. I'm very happy with my mate, love him to death and just touching in on things I probably should have explored when I was younger... I've just got a bug going on about this issue and as he's verra' supportive and open to ideas, was just wondering how hard is it to become intertwined with like-minded couples? I personally really appreciate the combined work of a poly-amorous household. Unfortunately, I didn't even know this type of relationship was something that existed until after my children are almost on their way to being their own adult selves, but hey, never too late.

Basically, I'm just wondering how complicated and/or hard it is to meet other poly couples and at this point in our lives is it even worth it to try and wade through all the possibilities? I've seen failed poly relationships, extremely successful poly relationships and both on the monogamous side. While I would love to embrace a change and share my life with others, I don't want to destroy what we currently have, but rather, would like to enhance the relationship with the friendship/like-minds and caring of others.

Thanks in advance for any honest and helpful and/or insightful and experienced replies.

Last edited by Subarcana; 09-20-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: ETA: I'm the person poly-oriented, my partner is just awesome enough to listen to my thoughts.