View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Can you give me some examples of "I" statements that aren't really "you" statements
well, i remeber an example that the Argov gives to a "wife":
he never puts new toilet paper in the bathroom: normally you find yourself in trouble because he finished it and never put/bought some new one.
it's sunday morning, no paper in the toilet; he goes in the toilet: ok, it's the right moment for you to take garbage out; then you stop chatting with the heighbour, you pass by in the garage which is so messy and maybe some music is on; you cannot hear that he's calling "daaaarling, what about toilet paper?". he'll have to face same trouble he's giving you since months.
next sunday (or whatever), again.
or: make so that, if your house allows this, you have one bathroom each: your white towel for visage will never be used again to check oil levels in the car engine.

he never cooks: feed him up with pop-corn.

well, this is about very practical subjects, but i find them interesting examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
*like*
i'd add: a woman who is happy with herself makes so that many things become easier.

Last edited by neegoola; 09-19-2011 at 01:16 PM.