Thread: Turnabout
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:45 PM

"Your spouse is doing things wrong??? Leave-em, ditch-em, kick them to the curb !!! But hey, if you dump your secondary or newest lover, we`ll tell you, that you treated them as disposable !"

I genuinely haven't seen that pattern. I think people here are tired of dysfunctional situations and are quick to suggest that a poster leave any relationship where things are really messed up. Note ALL the advice that Imaginary Illusions got on his blog telling him to leave his secondary, K. Note all the advice that lovinhimlovinher got in the Gen. section NOT to downgrade her relationship with her husband from primary to secondary without working on it more.

It's all situational... it's just that we don't privilege marriage over everything else, so yes, people get told they should consider leaving their spouses sometimes, and I guess that's not advice you see a lot in the culture at large because the idea is you have to try to save your marriage at all costs, everything else be damned.