View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Most cars nowadays have those special "chipped keys"... I would HIGHLY suggest getting one extra made ASAP. Call around to different dealerships as the price for "programing" can vary significantly. It is my understanding that once you have 2 programed keys, you can program any extras yourself (takes like 10 seconds - for which the dealer will charge $150), the key itself is fairly inexpensive.
My wife's car is like that. Once we get the engine harness replaced, and we can afford the $150 for the second key, we're planning on making a few spares ourselves. Check your owner's manual for directions on how to do it.

As for how I'm doing? Tired. Found out that the work big wigs are coming to our location a day early, so I had to squeeze 6+ hours of work into my 4 hour shift. Good news is, though, I kicked ass and took names, and hopefully will get some recognition for the store looking nice and neat. Downside is that I kicked so much butt, and that we're over on hours, so I have an unplanned day off tomorrow. I could use the hours, but that'll let me enjoy tonight fully.