View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post

There should be no mistake. I am hurt, upset, angry, disrespected,...betrayed (a strong word, but when it comes to a breach of trust and honesty, what else is there?). Not to mention a little contemptuous for being the only one willing to put the effort into doing the things that might be difficult. Yeah, Iím pissed. For some reason I could always empathise with the Riley character on Buffy, the 5th season when he left, feeling incredibly un-needed. But this experience has really driven it home. But what purpose would it serve to lay on the hurt and guilt in return? Especially on someone I still care about, and who is ill prepared to deal with any of it, and uninterested in trying. Damage is already done, but itís not overwhelming for me, quite survivable, and I DO have the capacity to carry & bury it. Sure, Iím tore up plenty, but so what...Iíll stay true.
Please don't ever think that you aren't important. There is nothing disposable about *you*. The failings here are not yours. It's important to take care of yourself and not to let others treat you disrespectfully or callously. You have every right to be angry for the way you've been treated. You're a better person than I to not have laid all that pain brought upon you at the feet of the one who caused it (intentionally or not).

You are needed and you are loved just for who you are. There are others out there who will see that too and will treasure you.