View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 04:45 PM

I actually don't get monos. I know there are mono peeps out there and it seems they are "hard-wired" or ingrained with the mono culture but I still just feel like... I've always felt that humans share some basic experiences and I think of love as one of them.

When I'm happy and full of love, I just want to share it with most everyone around me. Things may hold me back such as the constraints of social norms or an understanding of the people and thier particular preferences (some people's personal bubble is bigger than others) If any of those people around me reciprocate then I tend to gravitate toward them more. I actually got in trouble, well not trouble so much but found myself in what I considered a ridiculous situation the other day because I was being affectionate with another person and we were basically told to stop.

IMO poly is what happens when ppl let go of loving inhibitions and open themselves up to the love that is in thier own hearts and all around them. Not just romantic relationships but all interactions.

Maybe it's not just poly but poly, or MY definition of poly is ingrained in this as a holistic sort of approach to life.

Argh. words are failing me. ummm a little quiz/trivia/contest. Who can give me a word that means "a thing that cannot be extracted or removed from the whole." Something like "Ingrained" but an antonym.
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

Last edited by Legion; 10-27-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: clarification