View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueRiver View Post
I do owe you an apology.
Was that the apology? Usually apologies are worded "I'm sorry" or "I apologize." I think you're kind of acknowledging an apology is due but you don't really want to.

It doesn't matter, anyway. I don't actually think one is necessary because I didn't take anything you wrote personally and I wasn't offended. I just found you frustrating, exasperating, and irritating to converse with because you kept twisting everything I said as if I had some dastardly purpose other than sharing information and another viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueRiver View Post
But I want you to understand that it hurts when you bond with a child or a step child (I have experience of both) and then the bond is broken simply because the woman changes her mind.
How arrogant to think I don't understand. You know nothing about me. Now that I am divorcing, I will probably never see my stepson again. The fact that he did not come from my womb does not make it any less of a wrench from my heart. You think you're so exceptional and special for having these experiences? Geez, get off your high horse.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 09-11-2011 at 11:55 PM.