View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinyblu View Post
So I entered my first polyamory (what I refer to as honest) relationship at the end of April, and besides a few bumps in the road, it has been relatively fulfilling and I have been pretty happy.
Really? Have you forgotten about the surprise threesome, his blatant use and mistreatment of other women and telling you what "good potential" you have??

Quote:
The one thing I had always found refreshing about the relationship was the honesty and the consistency.
Based on what you've said before, and the crux of your issue now, I wouldn't wave the honesty flag around. But yes, he has been consistent.

Quote:
My guy had been more consistent than any "monogamous" relationship I had been in meaning he called when he said he would or would let me know he would be otherwise occupied (with other women) and would get back to me soon.
It really shows that you've been treated poorly in the past. These things he does, for which you are so grateful, are COMMON COURTESY.

Quote:
Well, it's quite obvious to me that he has a "new toy" (it's also clear to another woman that we've both been in a relationship with) as he has started to behave like the so-called monogamous guy who mysteriously stops calling because he's otherwise occupied.
This woman you're in a relationship with with him ... is this the one he wanted you to do the dirty work for him and tell her she was no longer invited on the getaway he'd planned for the three of you? I'm guessing that you're now both dating her because you didn't do this for him, and he didn't go through with it himself.

Quote:
It's starting to concern me (I'm starting to think I was a summertime fling), but I haven't said anything about it. I really don't know the rules when it comes to this type of thing. Is this normal?
You keep saying you don't know the rules, and we keep telling you that you need to negotiate your own.

Quote:
Will I look clingy and needy if I ask him what's going on (he's always liked how "laid back" I am... I don't want to appear any less laid back).
... And those rules should never say that you can't express your concerns in a calm and rational manner. You seem to be looking at relationships with a scarcity view. As in, you should hang on to this guy, not rock the boat, because decent men are so few and far between ... No, they're not. They're EVERYWHERE. Please go find one.

Quote:
So, should I bring it up at all, and if I do, how do I address this without appearing needy and emotional?
MZ covered this.

Last edited by TruckerPete; 09-10-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: typo