View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
It may very well be that you do have expectations of things progressing faster than what may be reasonable for just meeting someone. When you were single and dating, did you expect exclusivity so soon into a relationship (you've only had a "few" face to face dates)? I imagine, the distance can make meeting more often very stressful, especially as you are just getting to know each other.

I have been in the process of making new friends lately (not date potentials) and a few of them I see once a week, while others I might see once a month. I don't see this as too infrequent for just getting to know new people. That I know it's not just a one time thing does make a difference and I also talk to a few online occasionally. We all have extremely busy lives, jobs and families that require most of our attention.
I've only had 2 serious relationships.. 1 was my ex whom I married and divorced years later.. and then J who I have been with for 6 years. Both relationships did move incredibly fast, so I think that I just don't know how to date slow *sigh*

When I was single between my ex and J, for about a year, I just had casual sex with a few people.. I saw them all pretty regularly, about once a week or so, but I never had any intention of developing serious feelings for them and honestly one of them felt really led on. Poor communication on both of our parts, especially mine though.

I think because I did act so casually (not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just not for me now..or for us), I stay away from that behavior at all costs.