View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
How? How? I need to know how to be quiet! That is something I could never do. I don't know why, but I just can't be quiet. In fact, I have had neighbors complain to the super and my landlord about the noise coming from my apartment -- once when I was married (I bought that neighbor earplugs and left it in front of his door, the bastard!), and once recently. Oy, it was really embarrassing to find a very polite note from my super asking me to be quiet. What could I do? Once, in my early twenties, my sister was at college and talking to a classmate, and it turns out he knew an old boyfriend of mine. The guy said to her, "Oh, your sister is The Screamer!!!???" She was mortified.
I think some people, really can't be quiet ... I've been with guys who couldn't stop moaning, and my best friend's partner is a total screamer, even when it's inconvenient and she knows she needs to be quiet.

For me, being "noisy" means turning off the filter that's in place keeping me quiet. (Ha. One of the few filters I seem to have!) There are also some sex acts that make it ... difficult to be quiet. So I avoid those when I need to. it's not worth being disrespectful to other people in the house, and we still get alone time in the house as couples at least once a week. (Indigo and I get more because of Mr. A's schedule, but he makes sure Mr. A and I get a few solid hours minimum, even if he has to leave.)

Last edited by nycindie; 05-05-2014 at 02:43 AM.