View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningTwilight View Post
I readily admit that, as with sexual orientation, poly vs. mono probably has a spectrum: some are hardwired mono, some could choose to live either way, and some are hardwired poly.
I'd go with that. I identify as hardwired polyflexible.

Poly is me, I am poly, but not to the extent that I am unable to commit to mono and then keep to it...

Thank you to all the people who have contributed to this thread: I have had to think about this carefully, and that has been useful. If you think I have changed position during this thread, well, I think I have too

And from earlier in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklady78 View Post
The comparison that comes to mind is the reluctance of some of the gay community to accept bisexuality. There are gay folks out there, for whatever reason, who do not readily accept bisexuality. Lets not forget a few of the ignorant heterosexual crowd who believe bisexuals are just "confused" and haven't made up their minds yet. The community strives for acceptance because they still face a great deal of prejudice. Showing the world how "normal" they are perhaps means rejecting some of the variation that comes with sexual identity. It's sad really and I don't know what the solution is.
Let's not have any of this amongst poly people? We can accept those who are poly, polyflexible, by identity and those who feel it as a conscious choice, surely? None of these is "better" than any other, nor are any of us "better" than mono peope. Just different.

There are two Rivers here now: which one is this?

see
quaker poly experiences and poly: a quaker perspective

I hope other British Quakers who are poly (or wonder if they are) will contact me here, thanks, Friends.

Last edited by trueRiver; 09-07-2011 at 01:41 PM.