View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma View Post

...(Speaking of Bible stories/religion, Wow, Mag -- you refer to "YHWH" -- you must be very current on things. Isn't this something new? And Catholic?)
No, actually, it's very old, and Jewish. YHWH is the Jewish god's name. Usually pronounced Yahweh. Over the years, it became understood The Name was too sacred to write, so it was traditional to replace the word Yahweh with the term The Lord. Every time you read "The Lord" in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, it stands in for the name Yahweh. (PM me if you want to discuss this, I don't want to get too off topic.)

Quote:
After reading Z's post, I'm realizing that maybe it's ok to say, "I am most comfortable living in a MFM V relationship. Forcing it into an N is not going so well, and it's ok to admit that just because I could be ok with it eventually, I may not WANT to. I lost sight lately of the freedom gained from living an honest, authentic, life, one of the things I've really embraced in poly. Am I a hypocrite for saying, "It's ok for me to love two, but YOU have to love only ME" -- ?
Yes.

Quote:
What about, "I am not comfortable with you having casual sex with others, even if I am having sex with two men, because I am committed to our V and I would like you to be, too" -- ?
Yes. Because of course, love can develop from a casual relationship! Happens every day!

Quote:
Polyamory is about loving more than one, not just having sex with more than one. Right? I guess I'm confused sometimes in that regard. The book Sex at Dawn is about SEX, not necessarily love.
True, but again, where there is sex, there is often love.

Quote:
And as far as the reproductive systems are concerned -- what about when you're past fertility? Isn't it clear to see that those things are rather moot after a certain age? With people living longer these days, it seems logical that we are examining relationships differently. Between that and the availability of birth control, it's not all about the babies we are potentially creating anymore.
Right. And it actually hasn't been all about babies, for humans, in like, forever. Sex is an important pair bonding activity.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37