View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Default Terminology: biamorous or biaffectionate ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Rather amazingly, I got to share some cuddle time with my "straight" friend, Russell, yesterday evening! (I put "straight" in quotes, because he said this morning that he doesn't
consider himself straight... or gay, or bi. He's heterosexual but also biamorous. He loves to be loved by -- and love -- men, including cuddles. He has no interest in sex with men.)
I have been wondering about the word 'biamorous' - I love the idea it stands for, and claim the concept as another aspect of myself.

[pedantry]

But, for me the -amorous ending in polyamorous does imply either sex, or a romantic relationship that is tending that way -- the kind of relationship I like to have with women and not with men.

Whereas, I use -affectionate to mean loving cuddly relationships that are never going to include sex. I like having them with men as well as women, which I'd call biaffectionate.

So I'd say I am polyaffectionate (liking cuddles with lots of people) and biaffectionate (with both/all genders)

I appreciate I am just quibbling over terminology here,and I am sorry to anyone who finds this boring. But if I said I was polyamorous (open to having concurrent sexual relationships with women) and biamorous (open to nonsexual cuddly relationships with both genders) the two meanings do not seem to fit the one ending.

[/pedantry]

There are two Rivers here now: which one is this?

see
quaker poly experiences and poly: a quaker perspective

I hope other British Quakers who are poly (or wonder if they are) will contact me here, thanks, Friends.