View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM

I concur with many of the ideas raised. Greenthal makes an excellent point: youth is a time of experimentation, trying on different personas, styles, philosophies. I had a friend who told me she was poly who is now monogamously married and living in Japan.

I was much like happiestmanalive and ramfish, I would sleep with one girl at a time and generally relationships started via physical interaction which somehow magically made us a couple. I thought of it as a way of not feeling bad for having sex, it was our way of saying "no look, I really am a serious person, I'm not frivolous" which is what having sex with someone attractive just for fun would be considered.

I like that "poly" is used more and more, maybe it's being misused a little, but at least it's getting out there. I want it to get out there by hook or crook and we can debate and clarify definitions later. I think it is a beautiful idea that needs to be shared, like HappiestManAlive I wouldn't have minded coming to it sooner!
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.